Flying Lemons

Well can I firstly just say there still are good people in the world! My dear old neighbour was in his back yard, I could just see him over the fence. Before I knew it there were Lemons Flying over- no warning at all! He has hundreds on his tree, seen us and started throwing, ha ha bless that mans heart! So inside I go with my lemons wondering what I can whip up, so here it goes, Lemon
Squares. I added double the amount of lemon zest I should have, but I love it to be packed full of punch! So here it is for you all to enjoy and give it a go!

Lemon Squares

Ingredients:
125g butter
1/4 cup Icing Sugar, sifted
1 1/4 plain flour, sifted
3 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
2-4 teaspoons lemon zest

1/2 cup lemon juice

Method:
1. Preheat oven for 170 degrees, grease a square pan tin, then line with pan sides with baking paper so it hangs over, this makes it easier to get out once cooked.
2. Beat butter and Icing Sugar with Electric mixer in a small bowl until combined, add 1 C of flour. Then press mixture evenly over the base of tin. Bake uncovered for about 15minutes until golden, don't out earlier as base may not be cooked through once we add topping.
3. Place eggs, sugar, and remaining flour with lemon zest and juice, whisk until combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the hot base, bake for a further 20 minutes or until firm.


Print Recipe


Comments

Popular Posts